Connect Financial Solutions
Who are we?
Connect Financial Solutions offers a range of financial solutions to the following well-known brands: Bradlows, Rochester, HiFi Corp, Incredible Connection, Sleepmasters and Russells.
All our Brand Partners are Customers Goods and Services Ombud [CGSO] Members that uphold the Consumer Goods and Service Code.
Our Products and Services include:
Secured and Unsecured Loans
Long Term and Short Term Insurance Products
Connect Financial Solutions (Pty) Ltd (Reg no: 2018/431596/07) a registered Credit Provider (NCRCP11158) trading as Rochester
Our Customer Value Proposition
- Flexible terms to make purchases more affordable
- Flexible Insurance options by Abacus, our Insurance Partner
- Transparent credit application process
- Affordability assessments to ensure that our customers can afford the goods
- Various payment options Cash, Debit Order, EFT, Easy Pay etc.
What is your Rights as a Consumer?
- One free Credit Report from each registered Credit Bureau once a year
- Challenge any incorrect information on your report by lodging a dispute with the credit bureau.
- An understandable, credit agreement in plain language
- Feedback as to why a credit application was unsuccessful
- The prohibition of reckless credit lending
- Assistance when over-indebted
- Right to privacy
- Right to choose your product
- Right to fair and honest dealing
- Right to accountability by suppliers, to fair value, good quality and safety
- Right to fair, just and reasonable terms and conditions
- Right to Equality in the consumer market and protection against discriminatory marketing
What we require from you as a Consumer?
Your consent to access any of your personal information required from any Credit Bureau and other agencies, as permitted by law, to:
- Make enquiries to obtain or confirm your credit profile and repayment behaviour
- To verify your Credit Profile
To retain records of the consumer’s personal and credit information in any database in accordance with the provisions of the NCA
Our Commitment to you the Consumer!
- Provide consumer with a statement of his| her account at least every three months
- Communicate to consumer in his | her language of preference
- To give to the consumer a copy of the agreement
- To protect the confidentiality of information about consumers
- To report to the NCR, or to a credit bureau, the details of every credit agreement concluded, as well as the termination of the agreement when the debt has been paid in full
- To propose to the consumer to seek advice when the consumer is in default
- To maintain records of credit applications, agreements and accounts as prescribed in the Regulations
Helpful Credit Tips!
- Over-Indebtedness – do not take on debt that you cannot repay
- Consumers are advised to seek help during tough economic times.
- Know your Financial Status – contact any credit bureau for your credit report and status
- Download a Budget Template as a spread sheet to manage all your accounts/debts as well as monthly expenditure. Visit https://templates.office.com
- Know all your credit providers’ contact details
- When you are experience problems repaying your debts, contact your creditors. Get in touch with the Credit Department, not your local branch.
- Preserve you credit profile.
- Prioritize and pay your debt - never avoid your repayments
- Do not promise to pay what you don’t have. Rather negotiate for lower instalments than avoid payments
- Always act on a letter of demand
- If and when you receive letters from your creditors do not ignore them, act on them and seek help!!
- A consumer who is over-indebted may approach a debt counsellor directly, or he/she may be referred to a debt counsellor by his/her creditor/s or by the magistrate court
Helpful Links and Contact Details:
Monthly Income & Expenses [Budget] Template
National Credit Regulator
Financial Services (FAIS) Ombudsman
Ombudsman for Short Term Insurance
Ombudsman for Long Term Insurance
Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services. Act, 2002 (Act No. 37 of 2002)
National Credit Act, No 34 of 2005 | Consumer Protection Act, No 68 of 200
The Protection of Personal Information Act, No 4 of 2013
Consumers can easily visit any of our Brand Partners stores country wide and apply for credit, or by visiting any of their websites.
Minimum Application Requirements include:
ID Book; or
Official Residential Permit for non-RSA nationals;
Latest pay slip;
Three latest bank statements;
Monthly expense details and their household content insurance and/or Credit Life policy documents if they do not want to take up our
These requirements are dependent on your employment status and risk profile. INTEREST RATE, DEPOSIT, INSTALMENT AND CREDIT PRICE MAY VARY BY CREDIT PROFILE AND LOAN TERM
The offer is subject to the verification of the identification of the applicant and applicant being above the age of 18 who is in possession of a valid identity document or passport
Do you have a service or product question or concern?
Any loan account queries/complaints will be handled by Connect Financial Solutions and
NOT the Brand Partner. Send an email to [email protected] or contact us telephonically on +27 (10) 211 1120
How to lodge a complaint
Sent via email: [email protected]
Telephonic: +27 (10) 211 1120
Sent via fax: 086 649 6485
Sent via post: PO Box 4208,
Abacus Insurance handles all Credit Life and Product Insurance related queries and claims, except where the customer has their own
insurance with another insurance provider.
Send an Email to [email protected]
For assistance with any account or insurance related matters please call 010 2111120 and follow the prompts
You have the right to resolve any dispute that may arise between us by way of alternative dispute resolution, or to file a complaint with the National Credit Regulator, or to make an application to the Tribunal as per details below:
Credit Ombudsman: 086 1662 837
National Credit Regulator: 086 062 7627
Credit Bureau: 086 1128 364